Caring for your tattoo after it has been inked on your skin is an important process to promote the maximum appeal and appearance as well as to prevent infection of the newly wounded area.
Your tattoo artist will make sure that your tattoo gets the best color as well as maintain safety and cleanliness of your tattoo right after. It is very important that you follow their instructions. From that moment then, you are fully in charge.
So, what are the necessary measures that you would be doing to protect your tattoo and yourself?
Tips for Saniderm Tattoo Aftercare
- For maximum comfort, ensure skin is in a neutral position when applying Saniderm. When applying to elbows and knees, the joint should be in a neutral position — neither straight nor completely bent.
- Shave, shave, shave. Peeling Saniderm off of hair is unpleasant. Shave the entire area, plus an additional inch all the way around the site of the tattoo.
- Practice before you apply. If it's your first time using Saniderm, it may be a little tricky to work with. It doesn't hurt to practice with a small section first, just make sure you shave the area.
- When cutting the bandage for application, remember that rounded corners provide the best adhesion.
- It's okay, when using multiple Saniderm bandages, to overlap them by 1/2 inch (1 cm).
- If using a glycerin soap, such as green soap, be sure to rinse thoroughly, as any residue will react with the adhesives and can cause binding and irritation. Avoid loofahs or scratchy wash cloths.